Today’s post is a bet different, because I want it to be a more of (Group Therapy) than tips to be on the grind! The topic is What has been changed in your life when your parent has to live with a chronic, epidemiological illness! Life can not be the same!
Three years ago, my Mom was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Day after day I realize that I am missing doing something with my Mom. I came up with this list, which might be a little childish!
- You can’t ask her if the weather is too cold or not. She probably has an altered thermal sensation, so if you wanted to confirm bringing your coat, you have to find another way! There are weather apps, weather news, and you can check out the weather yourself, But .. your Mom knows better!!
- You can’t ask her if the food is too spicy, too salty, or even bland! Because she has altered taste sensation as a result of a medication side effect! Besides, she follows special diet!
- You can’t go to places where the light is so bright and sparkly! or too load and crowded! She has to be in less disturbing environment, and she can not bear the photo sensitivity.
- She was not in mood to talk! Because she is in pain. She feels dizzy, and has blurred vision, and she is ready to sleep!
- You can’t eat a treat and share it with her, even though it used to be her favorite! Which is the most devastating things ever!
Do your parent have a chronic illness? What Do you miss with your parent?